Home Business Edo State Goverment turn to-Agriculture for economic revolution – Obaseki

Edo State Goverment turn to-Agriculture for economic revolution – Obaseki

4 min read
180
Gov.-Obaseki-e1504796063853

Edo State Goverment turn to-Agriculture for economic revolution – Obaseki

The government of Edo state are now turning to agriculture for its economic revolution.

The Governor, Mr Godwin Obaseki, has said his administration would take advantage of opportunities in the agricultural sector and provide requisite support to communities that are ready to open up their land for agricultural investment.

Obaseki said this while delivering a goodwill message at the 2017 Sobe Day Celebration, held at Uhebe Community in Sobe, Owan West Local Government Area of Edo State.

He said that the state was driving economic growth by encouraging investments in agriculture and allied industries so that Edo will not only become self-sufficient in food production but also diversify its revenue base.

The governor, who was represented by the Edo State Commissioner for Communication and Orientation, Hon. Paul Ohonbamu, said the state government identified the resolve of the Sobe people, who as an agrarian community were ready to welcome investments in agriculture, and stepped in to provide them with the necessary support to expand their operations. He commended Sobe community for contributing to economic development by actively promoting and investing in agriculture.

He said the community’s appeal for qualitative healthcare and education aligns with his government’s priorities. “Primary healthcare and basic education are part of our priorities as an administration and we are working to develop primary healthcare centres in the state as well as laying a good foundation in basic education for our children at the early stage in their life,” he said.

The Odiabiado of Sobe, His Royal Highness, Anthony Ero Aleburu 1 expressed delight for the 2017 Sobe Day Celebration, noting that the people started marking the day since 1991 and that the event was in its 26th edition. He called for the sustenance of peace and security, adding that no society can develop without relative peace.

The chairman of the occasion, Prof. Smart Uhakheme, said that the celebration has not only occupied a major spot on Sobe’s festival calendar but also has become a permanent feature in the life of Sobe people.

He said for the community to record appreciable progress it has to focus on economic development and effective political participation. He emphasised that focus on these themes would place the community in strong stead to tackle some of its pressing needs, which include security, healthcare and resource management.

Load More Related Articles
Load More By Michael Chinedu
Load More In Business

10 Comments

1. zvodretiluret

September 28, 2018 at 12:15 am

I?¦m not sure the place you’re getting your information, but great topic. I needs to spend a while finding out much more or working out more. Thanks for fantastic information I used to be on the lookout for this information for my mission.

2. minecraft

October 4, 2018 at 6:24 am

hey there and thank you for your information – I have definitely picked up anything new from right here.
    I did however expertise some technical issues using this web site, since I experienced to reload the
    web site lots of times previous to I could get it to
    load properly. I had been wondering if your web hosting is OK?
    Not that I’m complaining, but sluggish loading instances
    times will sometimes affect your placement in google and can damage your high-quality score if ads
    and marketing with Adwords. Well I am adding this RSS to my
    e-mail and can look out for a lot more of your respective interesting content.
    Make sure you update this again very soon.

3. minecraft

October 4, 2018 at 4:21 pm

Just wish to say your article is as astonishing.
    The clearness on your submit is just spectacular and i could think you’re knowledgeable in this subject.

Fine along with your permission allow me to grasp your RSS feed to keep up to date with
    approaching post. Thank you one million and please
    continue the gratifying work.

4. 美容食品

October 8, 2018 at 11:14 am

有關雙眼皮手術、割雙眼皮、上眼皮手術、雙眼皮成形術、縫雙眼皮、訂書針雙眼皮等一些詳細敘述或似是而非或有爭議的事項。

5. 醫學美容 水潤 cosmetic.wiki

October 16, 2018 at 6:18 pm

divinia 蒂芬妮亞 【保養系胺基酸潔顏系列】溫和洗淨胺基酸洗顏霜的商品介紹 UrCosme (@cosme TAIWAN) 商品資訊 divinia 蒂芬妮亞,保養系胺基酸潔顏系列,溫和洗淨胺基酸洗顏霜

6. 醫學美容-胺基酸-駐顏-cosmetic-wiki

October 26, 2018 at 6:27 am

[香港。下午茶] 2016年的祝福& Vivienne Westwood Café♡♡ @ ❤ Bonjour.Amanda 愛曼達購物。旅遊日誌♫ :: 痞客邦 :: [香港。下午茶] 2016年的祝福& Vivienne Westwood Café♡♡ @ ❤ Bonjour.Amanda 愛曼達購物。旅遊日誌♫ :: 痞客邦 ::

7. http://twitter.com/descargar_hq

November 2, 2018 at 2:21 pm

Descargar facebook
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I truly appreciate your efforts and I am waiting for your
    next post thanks once again. Descargar facebook

8. Football Solutions Cort decision for Wolves

November 10, 2018 at 9:02 am

Croatia coach Slaven Bilic told his players to enjoy victory against Austria, after surviving second-half pressure to record victory over the co-hosts. Luka Modric scored the only goal. Boss Bilic satisfied with slow starters Croatia

9. Sling TV

November 10, 2018 at 12:38 pm

Really no matter if someone doesn’t know after that its up to other visitors that
    they will assist, so here it happens.

10. Sling TV

November 14, 2018 at 12:45 am

Hi there! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any issues with hackers?
    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing several weeks of hard
    work due to no back up. Do you have any methods to prevent hackers?